Vincentian Child Care
COVID-19 Safety Measures
With the guidance and the latest regulatory requirements, as well as the support of our dedicated Vincentian Clinical Excellence division, we have put together the following policies and procedures. We spent countless hours working through these plans and feel confident in the measures being taken. If you have any questions or concerns after reviewing the following plans, feel free to reach out to us at 412.366.8588.
Drop Off & Pick Up
For Vincentian Child Care drop off and pick up, all parents and children will be asked to stay in their car. A designated staff member will escort your child to and from the car safety. This will help us to maintain social distancing.
The specific procedure is outlined below.
- Pull up to the drop-off point and wait in your car for a staff member.
- When a staff member approaches your car, he or she will be fully equipped in personal protective equipment including a gown, safety goggles, a mask and gloves.
- The staff member will provide any child over two years old with a daub of hand sanitizer and a mask to be worn for the day. While your child is still in the car, a staff member will then conduct a health screening (see details below).
- Once your child has passed the health screening, a different staff member will escort your child from your car into camp. Please provide that staff member with any information you wish passed on to the camp director.
- For pick-up, please follow the same procedures from drop-off. When you arrive, a staff member will retrieve your child from camp, and take his or her temperature, then bring him or her to your car.
Our staff will be conducting daily screenings every day to ensure the health and safety of your child, other children and our staff. During drop-off, while your child is still in the car, a staff member will conduct a health screening for symptoms of illness prior to being admitted to camp. The daily screening includes the following:
- You will be asked to report if your child is having any symptoms of illness.
- The staff member will conduct a visual assessment of your child’s health to detect coughing, runny nose, disposition, etc.
- The staff member will take your child’s temperature. Any child with a temperature over 100° or a child taking fever-reducing medications will not permitted to attend camp.
A child exhibiting any signs of illness will not be permitted to attend camp. The child will be allowed to return to camp when the symptoms are gone and may/may not require written documentation from a physician.
Children with any of the following symptoms should be kept home and will not be admitted to childcare:
- Fever equal to or above 100°
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
If you choose to keep your child home from camp, we ask that you please notify the facility regarding the reason why your child is remaining home including any symptoms he or she may have.
If your child requires fever reducing medications, he or she should not attend. Camp staff will not administer these medications.
Prior to the start of camp, our staff has worked diligently and conducted a deep clean to assure the cleanliness of our facility. We are following very strict guidelines for cleaning and sanitizing/disinfecting. All toys and camp equipment used throughout the day will be cleaned and sanitized, when possible using a commercial dishwasher to avoid chemicals. Food surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized when used and all other surfaces will be wiped down daily.
Our staff understands how much many of our children love to bring their lunches in their favorite lunch box. At this time, we ask that you please not send a lunch box with your child and instead pack a lunch that is disposable. Please pack your child’s lunch in a paper bag with your child’s name clearly marked on the outside and use disposable plastic bags or packaging that will be disposed of after use for any contents.
We will be requiring all staff and children to wear masks while attending camp. Masks will be provided for all children at drop off. All staff will be trained to identify if a mask is no longer effective for a child to wear it. If a child is ineffective with wearing the mask, it will be removed and further attempts will be made at a later time.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we do our best to provide a safe environment for the children and our staff. We cannot wait to see you and your child at Vincentian Child Care!